Saturday, December 27, 2008

Soup of the Week: Cauliflower Chick Pea


Okay, I'm a little complainy. Last night at the end of a very delicious fireside evening, I turned off the light, and dreamily walked into a chair. We'd had many family members over for dinner and the chair was not supposed to be there. And I am not supposed to walk through dark rooms, as I am prone to hurting myself in certain situations. So the chair and I are both at fault.
I have hurt my toes many times in my life, but never like this. So after the morning in the ER, I'm stuck on the couch waiting to heal.
Joey's being a major trooper and the kids are trying to take care of me, which means that they are bringing me beverages and jumping on my foot by mistake.
So in honor of my mood, I'm giving you a good soup for grumpy nights. A little of this, a little of that, and voila you have soup that all will eat. Save it for a night you really need it.

Cauliflower Chick Pea Soup
4 cups chicken stock (or veg if that's the way you go)
1 lb of cauliflower, cut into florets
2 carrots, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
2 cups cooked chick peas

Put everything into a pot, let simmer for 20- 30 minutes. Put your hand blender in the pot and blend till super smooth.
Add:
1 tsp curry powder
salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment