Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Funniest Thing my Kid Ever Said


The other night, we had the good fortune to participate in a celebration of our friend Ben's birthday. His talented and wonderful wife Megan made one of the best meals I have had in recent memory. Our friends Thom and Meg were also present at this lovely event, and they had brought several green chiles from an odyssey across the nation so that were also present on top of the phenomenal hamburgers.

If you haven't had a green chile cheeseburger, then you my friend need to hop on a plane to New Mexico. Let it just be said that many burgers were happily gobbled, ketchup was spread on little faces with perfectly roasted oven fries, and cream cheese frosting (with sour cream!) was licked off moist and spicy carrot cake by many little girls (and not just my own).

And in the midst of all of this fun, we had a little conversation about how we try to share spirituality with our children. And at a pause in the conversation, Sadie interjected,

"Church? I think I've been to one of those. For a tag sale."

OK, OK, I'm doing my best....

No comments:

Post a Comment