Monday, February 2, 2009

A Gift


I can't even say that I knew this would be the case when I woke up this morning, but for the first time in a while, I seem to be having a day. Work is slower today, and I seem to be more on top of things than I thought. It's warm today, almost 40, and in a grumpy haze at the supermarket yesterday, I bought daffodils. The house is clean-ish, and we ran out of oil yesterday, so I have no hot water to do the dishes (oh well!) and I have a fire going in the living room and it is the only warm room in the house, as well as the sunniest. So I'm sitting here, drinking Harney and Sons Rose Scented Tea, which is an amazing liquid, listening to American Wife on cd, which I just got from the library. Did you know that Laura Bush used to be a democrat? And that she killed a friend in a car accident when she was 17?
Anyway, I'm working on a very exciting soup which I will share with you when it's done, and I think I might even make bread. I don't know how long this will last, but I'll grateful for it however it proceeds- I don't know if I could have taken another day where I felt like- well, like I felt this week.
I hope that there are some other good days happening out there, feel free to share your own exciting details of the day. And you're welcome to share my daffodils...

No comments:

Post a Comment