Wednesday, September 16, 2009

3 butters

I like fancy things. I make no secret of that. My favorite fancy things are those that are ordinary and then made fancy with minimal effort. I'm kind of a lazy princess in that way, I guess. (And come to think of it, I'm not the only one of those around here)
Herb butter is definitely the sustenance of lazy princesses. Plain old stick of butter, chopped herbs, and you're in fancy town. You might want bread, I guess, just as a means of getting the butter into your belly.

3 Butters

Or hell, make it 4, 5 10! You decide. The most essential part is that the butter be at room temperature. Cut the butter into 2 tablespoon chunks, put each chunk into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons chopped herbs, garlic or shallot, a squeeze of lemon, and a pinch of salt. Mix, mix, mix. Serve with bread, or melt on just about anything.

The 3 butters up there are:

Nasturtium butter (2 T chopped nasturtium petals)
Shallot butter (1 chopped shallot)
Basil Parsley butter (1 T each of finely chopped basil and parsley)


Oh, and one more thing! The lovely and amazing Lisa Michele of Parsley, Sage, Desserts and Line Drives has brought on the blush over here with the One Lovely Blog Award. Lisa Michele is a kitchen goddess, not to mention downright hilarious, and to be chosen by her of all people leaves me (for once) speechless. I'll pass the award on this week, I promise.

2 comments: