Thursday, February 5, 2009

Soup of the Week: Black Bean Pumpkin Soup


I find myself wanting to start a lot of posts lately with something like, "Another weird week," or "feeling a bit ungrounded lately," so I think that I'm just going to have to let that go for fear of repeating myself and getting a bit dull. And I find that as I get busier and busier, so much so that my feet seem to be lifting off the ground a bit, what I really want to do is cook. As Joey so eloquently put it the other day, "When you're stressed about cooking, cook less, but when you're stressed about life, cook more." So, I'm trying here, and I'll share it too. And I find that one of the soothing activities at the moment is menu planning, which of course involves a whole lot of pantry organization, which led me to this soup. Got black beans? Got an old can of pumpkin? Make this. Make sure that it's cold out- it's a good one for that.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great weekend Alana, I'm sure this soup tastes great.There's this great book featured in Foodista.com that you might want to read for the weekend Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete