Thursday, July 9, 2009

yogurt beets


This week is better than last week. This week it's raining once a day, but not all day. This week I harvested broccoli. Joey and I are smiling at each other again. Rosie has convinced someone to take her to the toy store every day. This week I've been drinking more. I had a strange dream about a famous actress who I then saw at the coffee shop the next morning. And tonight after the kids went to sleep, Joey and I made strawberry milkshakes with kirsch. My friend Molly is living down the street this summer. I saw her a lot this week. She taught me about yogurt beets a while back. They are wonderful to eat, and the beauty of the fuschia colored yogurt will just break your heart.

Yogurt Beets

1 large bunch of beets (4-6 beets), peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
6 oz whole milk yogurt
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
juice of 1/2 lemon
about 1/8 cup chopped fresh dill, to taste
salt and pepper

Steam the beets for 20-25 minutes, or until tender. Let them cool. In a medium sized bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon, garlic and dill. Add the cooled beets. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment